Reusing Extra Tintex
Unopened Tintex packages can always be kept for another project. Prepared Tintex that has already been dissolved in hot water could in theory be reheated for another project. Dye solution must be stored in an airtight glass container until it may be reheated. Proceed with caution, as your results may vary when reheating dye depending on your project.
It is always a good idea to do a dye colour test before your start a new project. If needed, after the test you can make adjustments to the colour or technique.
For the best colour results, start with an unopened package and adjust the dye amount used to suit your specific fabric and desired colour intensity.
Dye Colour Sample
- Boil enough water for 1-3 cups of water in a kettle (or heat water in a microwave) and set aside.
- Cut a 12" x 12" swatch of fabric or use a folded white paper towel.
- Measure the required amour of Tintex; each custom colour recipe may include full or partial measurements of teaspoons or tablespoons of 1-3 dyes (example: 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 tsp and/or Tbsp).
- Completely dissolve Tintex powder into 1 or 2 cups of the heated water and stir thoroughly.
- Dip fabric or paper towel into mixed dye solution.
- Adjust the amount of dye as needed to get your desired custom colour.